Non-standard task icons add a delay to efficiency

Author
GPL
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've always found the task icons to be confusing. Each time I go to use the interface I'm not confident I remember what the the icons mean.  I find I always hesitate before clicking as I wait for the purpose of each icon to appear.  If it were just words that describe the option then there's no conscious action required - using words will make the interface faster to use in my view. 

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Icons are a bit easier for those using non-English languages, at least unless Macrium takes the time to provide localization resources for every language their customers use. However, every single one of those button bar actions plus "Duplicate" and "Rename" actions are available in the right-click menu of a definition file, with text -- and it's no less efficient because instead of left-clicking a definition file and left-clicking a button, you’re just right-clicking said file and left-clicking a menu item.
Edited 6 November 2017 1:20 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...