Strange behavior: Not "seeing" all files, backup incomplete.

Author
DennisK
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Macrium, 

I'm using Macrium Reflect since v7. So - I'm new to Reflect. Given that, I've a strange behavior of Reflect (v7.1.2646):

I'm doing a "File & Folder"-Backup from Disk-"D". Some folders are excluded. Every first Sunday in a month, I'm doing a full-backup, other sundays a differential backup and the other days a incremential backup.

Occasionally - I can't reproduce that - Reflect is not "seeing" all files to backup. When that error occurs and I'll open the "missing" folders, there is no visual problem. Of course I don't know what's happening within VSS. 
The "missing" files and folders are not been saved within the archive. So I'm loosing data in my backups.

After doing a manual differential backup, the "missing"-files are backuped  without error.

Please ignore the error about "CCleaner". It's the backdoor-version blocked by MS Defender. I've to delete it.
I've seen this thread, so I've added some more screenshots.

Some screenshots:

PS: I've hit the wrong button to early. I've you've seen this post without images, you now know why... Crazy

Edited 5 November 2017 8:26 PM by DennisK
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
DennisK - 5 November 2017 8:01 PM
Hi Macrium, 

I'm using Macrium Reflect since v7. So - I'm new to Reflect. Given that, I've a strange behavior of Reflect (v7.1.2646):

I'm doing a "File & Folder"-Backup from Disk-"D". Some folders are excluded. Every first Sunday in a month, I'm doing a full-backup, other sundays a differential backup and the other days a incremential backup.

Occasionally - I can't reproduce that - Reflect is not "seeing" all files to backup. When that error occurs and I'll open the "missing" folders, there is no visual problem. Of course I don't know what's happening within VSS. 
The "missing" files and folders are not been saved within the archive. So I'm loosing data in my backups.

After doing a manual differential backup, the "missing"-files are backuped  without error.

Please ignore the error about "CCleaner". It's the backdoor-version blocked by MS Defender. I've to delete it.

Hi

Thanks for posting.

There seems to be some missing information in your post. Did you intend to attach a file?

It may be easier to open a support ticket so we can request further information and deal with this question more efficiently:

http://helpdesk.macrium.com/

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Edited 5 November 2017 8:19 PM by Nick
DennisK
DennisK
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Nick - 5 November 2017 8:08 PM

There seems to be some missing information in your post. Did you intend to attach a file?

Hi Nick, 
I've hit the wrong button. Check out my posting once again please...
Thanks!

Other finding: 
Reflect indicates, that that backup-task was successful, but it wasn't. Please change that behavior.

PS: I can't add a ticket. Are credentials different to the forum? Than I'll do it tomorrow. But I believe, that you should answer here. See the other post.
Edited 5 November 2017 8:40 PM by DennisK
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
DennisK - 5 November 2017 8:27 PM
Nick - 5 November 2017 8:08 PM

Hi Nick, 
I've hit the wrong button. Check out my posting once again please...
Thanks!

Other finding: 
Reflect indicates, that that backup-task was successful, but it wasn't. Please change that behavior.

PS: I can't add a ticket. Are credentials different to the forum? Than I'll do it tomorrow. But I believe, that you should answer here. See the other post.

All files should be freely accessible by Reflect in the shadow copy. Do you have any folders that are junction points configured on your D drive that are being backed up?

Are you running any anti virus software that may be interfering?

If you open a support ticket using the link provided it'll help us to look in more detail at the problem.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

DennisK
DennisK
Ticket opened: 11069

Antivir is: Win-Defender
No junctions.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)
Subscribed, since I'm curious to learn the underlying cause on this.  Please report back!
DennisK
DennisK
Well, I opened a ticket. Finding was - nothing special. There is another process using VSS ("SyncBack Pro"), but it was not running a job at the time the problem occurs. I've tested running SyncBack and Reflect at the same time - nothing happend. 

So, it could be a glitch. But it happend 01.04., 04.03. and 04.02. since my first post. That have been the dates, where a full-backup of my folders run. The next incremental backup covers the "forgotten" files, but it feels not good.

Most disappointing thing is: My logfile shows only green hooks on that dates. Most users will trust that and will never see, that there was a problem. That's have to be fixed first - but nothings happend. Maybe I'll drop Macrium at in near future because of that.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search