Bi-weekly backup errors

Author
FatMonkey
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Something seems to have gone awry with weekly backup scheduling on one of the latest updates. I have always run a full file/folder backup every two weeks, with nightly incremental updates. I have noticed that the full backup that is scheduled to run every two weeks now runs weekly. If I change the schedule to run every 3 weeks, it schedules the next backup for two weeks forward. The various combinations are rather odd. Here is what I have noticed:

If I select a 2 week period, Macrium will schedule the next backup in 1 week.
If I select a 3 week period, Macrium will schedule the next backup in 2 weeks.
If I select a 4 week period, Macrium will schedule the next backup in 1 weeks.
If I select a 5 week period, Macrium will schedule the next backup in 4 weeks.
If I select a 6 week period, Macrium will schedule the next backup in 5 weeks.
I did not check it beyond 6 weeks, but something is definitely screwy with the logic.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

Thanks for posting. 

Scheduled tasks contain a 'Start Date'. So, the launch point of recurring backups is based on this date. 

https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/9f2bac03-2978-4c11-b60e-664c.png

https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/d10fbe73-dfac-410c-9456-5a9b.png
Does this explain what you are seeing?

I have noticed that the full backup that is scheduled to run every two weeks now runs weekly.

Scheduled backup are run by the built in Windows Task scheduler. If the 'Start Date has changed then this can change the period (not frequency) when backups are run moving forward.  A look at the task scheduler history should tell you what is going on. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722006(v=ws.11).aspx

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 16 October 2017 12:03 PM by Nick
FatMonkey
FatMonkey
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Nick,
Thanks for the quick response. I reset the start date, and that seems to have fixed the issue.
John

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...