Site Manager - No computers

Author
dcol
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I installed site manager and it comes up to the dashboard, but it cannot see any computers on my network. Shows No Computers
SiteManagerEnvironmentCheck passed all tests on all computers.
Ran AgentPreinstall on all computers.
Using one subnet (192.168.1.x) for local network which has been running fine for a long time. All machines can see each other.
Firewall settings are set as per Macrium instructions (WMI and MSMQ)
If I add computers as unlisted (NETBIOS or IP), they show as offline
MR workstation is installed on 2 of the computers
Any ideas?

Edited 12 October 2017 11:45 PM by dcol
Pixopax
Pixopax
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
I had serious problems because of the wrong IP-Binding of the MSMQ Service.
Microsoft gives out a fix that did the trick:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2554746/msmq-service-might-not-send-or-receive-messages-after-you-restart-a-co

Maybe that is your problem too.

Can you see the computers in the network in windows explorer? Try from that machine where the Site Manager server is installed.
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi, 

Just to comment on the statuses and how we discover computers - internally the Site Manager uses the standard Windows API for getting a list of computers - this should give the same list of computers as the network view of explorer or the 'net view' commmand line command. We've observed that sometimes this system can have problems as it relies on master browser negotiation. 
If your Site Manager server doesn't list the computers which are listed by 'net view' or are listed in explorer (where the 'discovery method' column in the details view is 'NetBIOS'. Computers where the discovery method is 'WSD' use a different system), then this may be a Site Manager bug.

As far as the computer status being offline, this is because if there is no agent installed, we list computers as 'No Agent' if Windows networking lists the computer as present and 'Offline' if not, so I suspect your computers are listed as offline because of the same issue which causes the Windows cimputer list to be empty.
You should be able to just install the agent using the Remote Install functionality (or manually install it) regardless of the computer being in the offline state.

Regards,
Alex
dcol
dcol
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Pixopax - That fix is not for Windows 10.
Alex - net view and explorer shows all the networked computers. Site manager does not.
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/6100034f-c2b8-4c9f-bc29-da9d.jpg
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/8f9fc1f2-1489-42c1-87a8-c69f.jpg
As you can see NetBIOS and WSD are used. Neither is found in Site Manager.
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/1a8653cb-75f6-4b93-9926-1cc9.jpg

Edited 13 October 2017 3:58 PM by dcol
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)
dcol - 13 October 2017 3:49 PM
Pixopax - That fix is not for Windows 10.
Alex - net view and explorer shows all the networked computers. Site manager does not.
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/6100034f-c2b8-4c9f-bc29-da9d.jpg
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/8f9fc1f2-1489-42c1-87a8-c69f.jpg
As you can see NetBIOS and WSD are used. Neither is found in Site Manager.
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/1a8653cb-75f6-4b93-9926-1cc9.jpg

Hi,

Quick question - did you add those computers to Site Manager using the 'Add Unlisted' option? Site Manager filters any computers it already has added out when showing the 'Add Computers' dialog.

Alex
dcol
dcol
I added them previously but they showed as offline and I couldn't install the agent. Yes I know I can install the agent manually, but I wanted to use site manager as I may use this on some very large installations.
I deleted the entries, If I didn't they would be listed as offline.

Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
dcol - 13 October 2017 4:30 PM
I added them previously but they showed as offline and I couldn't install the agent. Yes I know I can install the agent manually, but I wanted to use site manager as I may use this on some very large installations.
I deleted the entries, If I didn't they would be listed as offline.

So it looks like there's a bug on your system regarding listing the computers - if you'd like to create a support ticket at http://www.macrium.com/support we can investigate further. 
This bug shouldn't stop you from using Site Manager though - if you add the computers using the 'Add Unlisted' option, you can install the agent on them even though they're listed as offline - This KnowledgeBase article has a guide. Once the server and agent are communicating, the computers will enter the managed state.

Regards,
Alex
dcol
dcol
I did submit a support ticket and they responded, but wanted to setup a remote session which is in the middle of the night for me being in PST time zone. A big downside of using an overseas company.
The agent install fails doing it from site manager on an offline computer.

dcol
dcol
I also tried running site manager from another computer on the same network. Same results. No computers found

dcol
dcol
I manually instaledl a couple of agents and that works fine. Shows as managed in site manager. That's all well and good for a small network, but when I do a large network, this would need to be fixed.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...