Activating a Schedule

Author
dmaustin
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I'm a Macrium newbie and so far very happy with the product.
I purchased and installed the "Starter Pack" with Macrium Site Manager version 7.1.2625 running on a Windows Server 2012 Essentials. I activated three workstations and one server license. The setup went very smooth: Computers, Definitions, Schedule and Repository are setup and I have successfully done Full Backups.

Now the problem:
Isn’t the “Schedule” function for the purpose of setting up automated schedules? I have read all the documentation, and searched the forums but I must be missing something. I just don’t understand how to activate any of the schedules with the specific retention parameters and have that schedule be associated with the workstations and server. Right now I have the four "template" schedules that came with the product and  created a new custom one.
I have agents running on the three workstations and one agent on my server. Where do I specify making a particular schedule be applied to those four devices, for example, how would I make the “Differential Backup Set” be active? Alternatively, could I have one schedule, say “Differential Backup” apply to one definition which includes the three workstations and another schedule, say “Incrementals Forever” be applied to the Server?
As it stands now, I am running everything manually by clicking "Run Now" on the "Definitions" screen. I'm stumped!
Thank you.

Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (26 reputation)Macrium Representative (26 reputation)Macrium Representative (26 reputation)Macrium Representative (26 reputation)Macrium Representative (26 reputation)Macrium Representative (26 reputation)Macrium Representative (26 reputation)Macrium Representative (26 reputation)Macrium Representative (26 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,
Our support team should be responding to your support query soon. 
In addition to their response, I'll add a short overview of things here. In CMC and Site Manager, centrally managed backups are set up based on the following components:
* Backup Definitions - these control what gets backed up - which computers and partitions.
* Schedules - these control when backups occur
* Repositories - these control where backups are stored

To  configure centrally managed backups, Backup Definition and Schedule pairs are added to a Repository. Things are done this way to allow flexibility when backing up large numbers of computers.
So for example, backup definitions might consist of 'Sales Team' and 'Accounts Team'. Each teams computers might have different backup requirements so the 'Sales Team' definition can be scheduled in a repository using the 'Weekly Backup' schedule whereas the 'Accounts Team' definition is scheduled with the 'Daily Backup' schedule.

Below is an image of the part of the repository user interface used to schedule backups

https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/0a6843f6-ac1a-4359-9972-1ef3.png

Regards,
Alex Stevenson, Macrium Software
dmaustin
dmaustin
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ah! Thank you for the quick response.
I totally missed the "+ Schedule Backup" in the "Repositories" tab.
That's the missing piece of the puzzle!
Thanks so much. I'm good to go!
I'll close out the support ticket too.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...