Folder backups not as image

Author
miztrniceguy
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have read the file backup instructions. I would like to know if it is possible to save incremental file and folder backups in a standard file format rather than an image file?

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Not directly using Reflect alone, but you can mount a Reflect image as a drive which can be "explored" like any other and/or you can restore the image's contents in their original format to some other location.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

miztrniceguy
miztrniceguy
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
ok thanks for the info

DougM
DougM
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Following on in this post, the user guide explains that you can open a backup by clicking on the mrbak file from Windows Explorer, which works OK.  However it does require Macrium to be installed on the PC for this to work!  I would like to backup to an external drive and then explore the mrbak file on a PC that does not have Macrium installed.  Is there an executable (e.g. a read only version) that I can also copy onto the external drive that will allow me to open the mrbak file.
Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
I am aware of no standalone executable capable of handling the *.mrbak and *.mring file formats other than the Macrium Reflect application itself and its WinPE "rescue" builds.  You may be able to use one or the other to access that other computer's external drive (via a network connection, for example).  If not, assuming that you do not have a technician's license with portable application support, I can only suggest a second licensed Reflect installation.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 16 March 2015 4:32 PM by Arvy
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
We currently do not offer a stand alone application that will mount Reflect image files. However if you do not have access to a technician's license then you should be able to mount your images using the Free Edition.

Kind regards

Stephen - Macrium Support

DougM
DougM
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Thanks for your replies.  Not what I really wanted to read but at least the replies have answered my question.  Thanks again
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...