Cloning failure- error code 13 and 32

Author
David Kemp
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm getting a persistent refusal to clone a 1.5TB drive to 2TB,  even though it passes several scans
On Reflect 6.3, 64bit in Windows 10   cloning fails about  75% though,  saying Read Failed 13,  Permission Denied- 32
I cant find help on these error codes, but suspect it has something to do with bad sectors
A program called HD Tune  found  damaged blocks at about this point on a scan & fix run-
 I assumed it had fixed or quarantined the blocks - but cloning still fails 
Windows Tools Check - reports all is OK on the drive 

Does anyone know if the above Reflex error codes give a clue as how this can be overcome?

Thanks

David 

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Have you run CHKDSK with the /R switch?  The default operation only looks for errors in the file system, not for problems with clusters on the disk as /R instructs it to do.  Note that this operation is likely to take a very long time on a drive that size, so you may want to plan that as an overnight operation if this is a system you need to use during the day.

Edited 17 September 2017 5:51 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...