MS-DOS Batch Error

Author
Rich Grega
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I created a MS-DOS batch file to backup my PC.  When the batch file runs in the Task Scheduler, I see an error in the CMD display.  The error is:

cbt.cpp:575      ccbtcompare::compare        reboot - m_psource->m_header.creationtime!=m-ptagarget->m.header.creationtime

Does anyone know what the description for this error is?  The backup still runs to a normal EOJ!  The backup is going to a Synology NAS.

Thanks.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.1K reputation)
I didn't even realize batch files could generate that kind of output!  However, Macrium typically recommends against using batch files because they limit a lot of functionality compared to things like VBS and PowerShell.  If there's nothing in your workflow that would prevent you from switching, right-click your definition file and select the option to have Reflect generate a PowerShell script to run your definition file, and see how that goes.  If you decide to keep that, note that you'd have to associate your schedule entries with the script (under the PowerShell Scripts tab) and remove the ones associated with your definition file.

Edited 16 September 2017 5:07 PM by jphughan
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi dogman

In addition to JP's comments, the output in the command windows is not an error, it's an information that indicates the the Change Block tracker (CBT) driver isn't being used for the Inc or Diff because there's been a Windows reboot since the previous backup in the set. In this case the backup reverts to the legacy method of scanning the MFT to calculate the changed blocks.  This is both normal and expected. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

RayG
RayG
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (497 reputation)Advanced Member (497 reputation)Advanced Member (497 reputation)Advanced Member (497 reputation)Advanced Member (497 reputation)Advanced Member (497 reputation)Advanced Member (497 reputation)Advanced Member (497 reputation)Advanced Member (497 reputation)
Hi Nick,

I think as has been said before the message could be a little more explicit if it was in plain english rather than the rather cryptic output as it is at present.

Regards
RayG
Windows10 X64 V1803 B17134.228 MR v7.1.3317

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...