email notifications

Author
shortmort37
Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)Junior Member (62 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Nick,
I'm with MannionGeo.  I don't know why the arbitrary decision to exclude email notifications on clone failures.

I have tested Macrium clones to a USB drive - they work flawlessly.  It's a comfort to me, to know that if my hard drive fails, I can swap in my clone, and I'm back to where I was.

Where I was, depending on the success of my last clone.  Which, I don't know.  I check it from time to time, only to discover that my target USB drive has gone offline for some obscure reason.  I put it back online, and restart the clone.

Wouldn't it be nice, if I were alerted by email to the fact that a clone failed?  What's so hard about that?  And, why the omission?

Dan
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This thread is in the V6 section, and V6 is no longer being developed (or officially supported), but I apparently never mentioned here that when this thread was first created, I added this request to my "Aggregated quick win feature requests" thread here in the V7 Wish List section.  I created that because there are a lot of feature requests spread out all over the Macrium forums rather than all being in the Wish List sections, and many of them are additionally inside threads whose names don't indicate a feature request is within -- like this thread -- which makes finding them again more difficult.  Anyhow, some of the requests I've been tracking in that thread have been getting implemented, so you may yet see this in a future release (although not of V6).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...