Files not copied - check security settings

Author
frevi
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A lot of folders/files in my backup job don't get backed up when the job runs automatically. However, I can create a backup job targeting specific folders that didn't get backed up, and it runs fine and the files get backed up.

For example, I have a backup job that includes the Downloads folder, including subfolders.
In the log under "Files not copied - check security settings" is every file in this folder:
C:\Users\UserName\Downloads\bookert\bookert\
But when I create a backup job to back up just this folder, it runs perfectly and the files get backed up.

How can I get the files to back up in the bigger job?

Thanks

-Frank
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Scheduled jobs don't necessarily use the same credentials as jobs that you run manually.  In Reflect, go to Other Tasks > Edit Defaults > Schedule and let me know whether your scheduled jobs are set up to run as SYSTEM or as some other user account.  Then right-click a folder that isn't being backed up during the scheduled job executions and click Properties > Security > Advanced.  Post a screenshot of that window.  Windows has a built-in app called Snipping Tool that's handy for taking screenshots.

Edited 25 August 2017 8:38 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search