How to access Desktop files and folders in Backup image on disk? (Win permissions problem)

How to access Desktop files and folders in Backup image on disk? (Win...
Author
mbj
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Macrium Reflect v6 Home edition.

Have connected a disk with full+differential backup from Win 7 PC #1 to PC #2, and then chose [Restore], [Browse for an image file], then [Browse Image].

The idea is that I can see all the files from my main PC #1 when away and using PC #2.

However there is one problem - if I try to look at files  that were on the Desktop when backed up, I get this:

"You don't currently have permission to access this folder" ("click Continue to permanently get access to this folder")

I'm trying to browse to what was c:\Users\Admin\Desktop on PC#1.

However I then get "you have been denied permission to access this folder - to gain access to this folder you will need to use the Security Tab..."

... which is as clear as mud when I look at it...

Any ideas?
Thanks

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@mbj 

Thanks for posting. 

Please select the option 'Enable Access to restricted folders' in the backup selection dialog:

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Browsing+Macrium+Reflect+images+and+backups+in+Windows+Explorer

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 23 June 2015 1:09 AM by Nick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...