New disk

Author
raul4
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recently changes my hard disk in my Dell Inspiron 5758 laptop. From a 500Gb to a 2TB I am using Windows 10 Pro the problem is that it recognize only the old disk. What do I have to do to recognize the new disk. 

Thanks
Raul Andino RPh
raulandino@gmail.com

et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)
Did you clone the old hard drive to the new hard drive installed in a USB hard-drive caddy if so you need to remove the old hard drive and replace it with the cloned hard drive. If you are restoring an Image backup you need to remove the old hard drive and replace it with the new hard drive then boot the computer with the Windows PE rescue media and restore the Image to the new hard drive.

Or have you undertaken one of the above and find the partitions have not been enlarged to make use of the new hard drive? If so when you clone or restore an Image backup you need to drag the partitions one at a time from the Source to the destination and immediately after dragging change partitions properties as per tutorial https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Modifying+restored+paritition+properties it is only after changing partition properties that you drag the next partition from source to destination.

Hope this helps or can you please clarify what you have done so we can help further
Edited 15 August 2017 2:47 PM by et_and_family
raul4
raul4
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
I clone the old hard drive to the new hard drive installed in a USB hard-drive caddy I did it like that, you need to remove the old hard drive and replace it with the cloned hard drive.I did like that. Partitions have not been enlarged to make use of the new hard drive this is the problem I'm having.
Thanks very much,
Raul Andino RPh
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...