ver 7 on dual boot PC

Author
EMILEMMA
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
recently purchased ver 7...have a dual boot system on 1 PC
installed ver 7 on 1 of the HD(win10), but when i tried to install on other HD(win7) (same pc obviously)
msg returned saying ver 7 could only be installed on 1 PC....
am i doing something wrong??  i thot ver 7 could be installed multiple times on SAME PC...
many thanks for any help!!!

p.s. how do i sign off forum???

Edited 7 August 2017 5:37 PM by EMILEMMA
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)
Interesting case. You may want to contact licensing at macrium dawt com about it. I know that if you run VMs and want to install Reflect inside them, separate licenses are required for each VM (in addition to the host if you install Reflect there), but I'm not sure about the dual boot scenario.

To sign off, click the little user icon in the upper-right corner and select "Logout".

Edited 7 August 2017 5:46 PM by jphughan
pimjoosten
pimjoosten
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Emilemma, did you find or get an answer to your question? I am in a similar situation as you, but have not gone ahead yet trying to activate the same license for the second time on the same computer. According to this post in version 5 it should have been possible to use the same license on a multi boot installation. However, like you, I have a situation where I either  have 2 different hard drives for the same computer (not simultaneously connected) or use BootIt Bare Metal as my boot manager which hides unused partitions from the OS, so I cannot suffice with installing Reflect once.

Thank you in advance.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...