editing retention rules existing backup

Author
feivel
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
reflect home 7
i have a full and differential scheme operating
i want to edit the retention rules that i previously set up
i cant figure out how to access the retention rule dialog
thank you

Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)
Locate your Backup definitions in the REFLECT UI, <right-click> on the one you wish to edit and select "Edit," hit NEXT to get to the 2nd editing screen... there they are!

Edited 4 August 2017 7:03 PM by Froggie
feivel
feivel
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
you're making that up.
i could not have missed that.
ill give it a try in a couple of hours.
thank you
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)
feivel - 4 August 2017 8:21 PM
you're making that up.
Yep, I do that a lot on this Forum Smile

You can also do the same by <double-click>ing your DEFINITION (to enter the EDIT mode directly) or by SELECTing <single-click> that same DEF then hitting the EDIT PENCIL in the ToolBar above the definitions.  Macrium gives you plenty of ways to screw up your personal configurations BigGrin

You're very welcome!

Edited 4 August 2017 9:09 PM by Froggie
feivel
feivel
there IS no next button!

i discovered why. i was right clicking the backup in the scheduled backups tab.
i see you have to go to the backup definition tab.
to me anyway this is not obvious
so glad there is a place of gathered knowledgeable friendly people
thanks again
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
Not saying that the UI couldn't be improved (in fact I have a Wish List thread suggesting several improvements potentially for a V8 redesign), but technically the Scheduled Backups tab is just for showing the schedules for executions of jobs described in a definition file, and the definition file is where the parameters of the job are all defined. Glad you're all set though!
Edited 4 August 2017 11:01 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...