Patching 6.3.1821-6.1835 fails: "Software not found"

Author
UweBast
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Running Windows 10 Home 64bit and Macrium Reflect 6.3 Home Edition 64 bit Build 1821.
When I attempt to update, using the updater in the program, the patch downloads, then a long searching procedure follows and never ends. If I cancel this search I get an error message: "Software not found. Macrium Reflect could not be located on your system. Re-install Macrium Reflect and then start the patching again."
Reinstalling the program does not solve the problem. The patching fails again.
By the way: All patchings in the past run without problems. Only the patch from 6.3.1821 to 6.3.1835 fails.
Don`t know what to do!
Any advices for me?

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
How can reinstalling not solve the problem if the installer would take you straight to the latest version and therefore remove the need to patch? Or are you using some old installer? Try using the download agent to get a full installer for the latest build.
Edited 22 July 2017 6:19 PM by jphughan
UweBast
UweBast
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Many thanks, jphughan !
I have indeed used an old setup file rsp. installer.
Until today I have not realized, that there exists a download agent, to get the latest build.
I hope that in the future, the patching problems while trying to download the updates directly inside the software will be solved.
Again thank you and many greetings from Germany
UweBast

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
UweBast - 23 July 2017 12:13 PM
Many thanks, jphughan !
I have indeed used an old setup file rsp. installer.
Until today I have not realized, that there exists a download agent, to get the latest build.
I hope that in the future, the patching problems while trying to download the updates directly inside the software will be solved.
Again thank you and many greetings from Germany
UweBast

Excellent!  I didn't have any trouble patching to the latest version, for what it's worth. Perhaps Macrium staff will see this thread and request for log files that may exist from your previous patch attempts to see what went wrong in case it helps avoid the problem with future releases. Good to hear that you're up and running on the latest version though. Smile

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

Thanks for posting. 

The patching uses hashes of the installed files to determine whether to start the patch process. If the hash doesn't match then the patch can't proceed. It is extremely rare for this to happen but can be caused by corruption of Reflect.exe/ReflectBin.exe files. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

UweBast
UweBast
Hi Nick!
Thanky for your explanations!
I use Macrium Reflect on two computers: on my Desktop PC and on my notebook. For each of them I have a valid license.
On my notebook the patching procedure has run without any problems - Macrium Reflect has been updated to version 6.3.1835.
Only on my Desktop PC the patching causes the described difficulties.
So it is possible that the "reflect.exe"- file had been damaged. Don`t know why!
In the meantime I have uninstalled version 6.3.1821 completely and reinstalled version 6.3.1835 successfully with the full install-setup-file that I have downloaded with the download agent.
Perhaps the "reflect.exe"- file is now o.k. again on my Desktop PC .
I will wait for a new update (if there will be one for version 6.3.xxxx) and hope that the patching procedure then will work also on my Desktop PC.
Many greetings
UweBast

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...