Can you restrict search to & results from just the Reflect v6 forum area

Can you restrict search to & results from just the Reflect v6 forum...
Author
Jed
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible to ONLY search the Reflect v6 forum area and only get/filter results from the v6 forum area?
I get too many search results that are related to or only applicable to v7 issues.
Thanks

dyhs
dyhs
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/506f3cc5-1838-4176-99c0-316b.jpg

https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/fef3cb7d-33a0-4c0c-aee7-90bb.jpg

https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/339257cc-0255-41d2-b424-9ff4.jpg

Edited 13 July 2017 10:28 AM by dyhs
Jed
Jed
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Many thanks dyhs.
I also discovered that just selecting the v6 forum did not automatically select all the topics in the v6 forum - I needed to also expand the v6 forum blue arrow & select the topics to get any results.

dyhs
dyhs
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)
Right you are. I've just added a third screenshot to my post to include that step. Smile
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
Interesting, my experience has been that MOST threads are pertinent to both versions. V6 and V7 have far more in common than they have unique to themselves. The only V7-specific issues I've seen with any regularity have pertained to:

- CBT
- viBoot (which has its own subforum)
- Network authentication questions that arose because V7 defaulted to running jobs as SYSTEM
- Scheduling issues created by using the Task Scheduler 2.0 API

Other than that, questions/issues I see about imaging, retention policies, Rescue Media, best practices, etc in each version subforum are equally applicable between V6 and V7, so I feel that constraining your search results to one version subforum will far more often hide useful results than surface irrelevant (to you) results.
Edited 13 July 2017 12:29 PM by jphughan
dyhs
dyhs
Proficient Member
@jphughan
That is my impression too.
On both forums you can find useful general information that applies to both V6 and V7.

I don't think viBoot is V7 specific. I tried with V6 images and it worked like a charm Smile

Edited 13 July 2017 12:48 PM by dyhs
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
dyhs - 13 July 2017 12:48 PM
@jphughan
That is my impression too.
On both forums you can find useful general information that applies to both V6 and V7.

I don't think viBoot is V7 specific. I tried with V6 images and it worked like a charm Smile

Cool!  I guess I was thinking of viBoot as V7-specific because it's only included with V7. Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...