Disabling scheduled backups

Author
FarhanArain
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi..
I need an easy way to disable schedule backup tasks when I want to. I tried disabling the tasks from WTM, but it gave me the error that my user account doesn't have the privilege to disable the task. Does Reflect create any special account to run its tasks?
Running Macrium 7 Workstation on Windows 10.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

You can right click on the task in Reflect and select 'Disable':

https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/f342fce7-93fb-431f-9074-cd87.png

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
Starting with V7, Reflect defaults to using the SYSTEM account for its tasks in accordance with the Task Scheduler 2.0 API. The result is that many task settings aren't configurable directly in Task Scheduler itself anymore, but as Nick showed, Reflect offers a mechanism to do this as long as your eyes haven't given up looking across the various scripts tabs before they get to the "Scheduled Tasks" tab at the very end.  Someone else on this forum had never noticed that tab before for that very reason. Smile

AlFromCochrane
AlFromCochrane
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
jphughan - 21 June 2017 8:05 PM
Starting with V7, Reflect defaults to using the SYSTEM account for its tasks in accordance with the Task Scheduler 2.0 API. The result is that many task settings aren't configurable directly in Task Scheduler itself anymore, but as Nick showed, Reflect offers a mechanism to do this as long as your eyes haven't given up looking across the various scripts tabs before they get to the "Scheduled Tasks" tab at the very end.  Someone else on this forum had never noticed that tab before for that very reason. Smile

Yes, I noticed this too.  Since version 7, I am not allowed to disable the tasks in Task Scheduler because the system account was used.  At first,  I failed  to see the logic in this.  When ever I have maintenance to do on my NAS,  it used to be so easy to fire up task scheduler, and within a few clicks, disable the tasks, then when maint was complete,  to quickly enable them all.  Now it takes longer just to load Macrium Reflex, let alone disabling the tasks.  So basically the time is doubled to disable and doubled to enable.   Actually a bit of a nuisance.  But I suppose they need to force us to use the interface so they can maintain validity of the history files.  So it is. :-)
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
AlFromCochrane - 25 January 2018 2:26 AM

Yes, I noticed this too.  Since version 7, I am not allowed to disable the tasks in Task Scheduler because the system account was used.  At first,  I failed  to see the logic in this.  When ever I have maintenance to do on my NAS,  it used to be so easy to fire up task scheduler, and within a few clicks, disable the tasks, then when maint was complete,  to quickly enable them all.  Now it takes longer just to load Macrium Reflex, let alone disabling the tasks.  So basically the time is doubled to disable and doubled to enable.   Actually a bit of a nuisance.  But I suppose they need to force us to use the interface so they can maintain validity of the history files.  So it is. :-)

Hi

Macrium Tasks are 'locked' to prevent modification outside of Reflect. If you don't want to use the SYSTEM account you can change your tasks to run under any account by taking 'Other Tasks' > 'Edit Defaults' > 'Schedule'. However,  I'm afraid this still won't enable changing tasks in the Windows TS UI as the block is on tasks permissions, not account. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

AlFromCochrane
AlFromCochrane
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Nick - 25 January 2018 9:13 AM
AlFromCochrane - 25 January 2018 2:26 AM

Hi

Macrium Tasks are 'locked' to prevent modification outside of Reflect. If you don't want to use the SYSTEM account you can change your tasks to run under any account by taking 'Other Tasks' > 'Edit Defaults' > 'Schedule'. However,  I'm afraid this still won't enable changing tasks in the Windows TS UI as the block is on tasks permissions, not account. 

Nick,

Thanks.  I always like to learn.  Although I'll miss the familiar means of using the very familiar Task Scheduler Interface to disable and enable the jobs,  as previouly indicated,. "so it is" to be. 

Thanks again.  The time you must put into this forum must be very considerable. Very much appreciated, by many no doubt. .  Although I am a registered user, my first year of support has expired, so I rely on this forum when I encounter problems..  Thanks again for this.    .  
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...