Mount Network drive on restore

Author
sevilla315
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've had to restore my file backup on my W10 system which could not boot, and was reset with a windows reinstall.
When I booted using my rescue USB stick, I could not see the network drives, where I normally do my backups.
How can I mount the network drive to do the restore? I can't see anything on the Network tab. I've resorted to attaching to the RAID with another laptop and copying the folder backups to a USB 1TB drive but it took absolutely ages.

Thanks
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@sevilla315

Thanks for posting. 

Please see these two KB articles on accessing network shares and resolving network problems in PE:

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Accessing+network+shares+in+Windows+PE
http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Resolving+network+issues+in+Windows+PE

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

sevilla315
sevilla315
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Nick - 16 June 2017 1:45 PM
@sevilla315

Thanks for posting. 

Please see these two KB articles on accessing network shares and resolving network problems in PE:

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Accessing+network+shares+in+Windows+PE
http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Resolving+network+issues+in+Windows+PE

Thanks Nick,

Very helpful, I'll give it a shot.

Cheers,
Steve

sevilla315
sevilla315
Thanks,

I've managed to mount my raid ok.
I have a question, I've looked at the documentation, it's not clear if I restore each file  in a backup set individually (a Full plus all incrementals) individually, or if it does this automatically.
It appears not to be able to select multiple rows/files for restore.
If I select the last incremental will it include all the other incrementals up to the full backup or do I have to do the full backup and apply each incremental individually?

Thanks,
Steve
Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Perhaps you'll accept a fellow user's reply assuming that you'd like a quick answer and that Nick is slightly busy sometimes. Smile

There is never any need to select more than one backup image to recover.  Simply select the single backup (whether full, differential, or incremental) that was created at the date-time you want for your system reversion and Reflect will include automatically in the recovery process whatever other members of the backup chain may be needed to get you back to that selected "snapshot" status.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 16 June 2017 8:15 PM by Arvy
sevilla315
sevilla315
Arvy - 16 June 2017 7:57 PM
Perhaps you'll accept a fellow user's reply assuming that you'd like a quick answer and that Nick is slightly busy sometimes. Smile

There is never any need to select more than one backup image to recover.  Simply select the single backup (whether full, differential, or incremental) that was created at the date-time you want for your system reversion and Reflect will include automatically in the recovery process whatever other members of the backup chain may be needed to get you back to that selected "snapshot" status.
Cheers Arvy!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...