Get rid of "phantom drive" XML file

Author
Kupuna
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Through a change in hardware, I removed a drive from my system. The drive contained an XML file for Macrium 7 and the program continues to look for that drive and file, failing each time. Is there a way I can delete the instructions that send Macrium to the non-existent file? Conventional deletion processes don't appear to work since the XML file only exists somewhere in Macrium's internal programming.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@Kupuna  

Thanks for posting. 

Right click on the backup definition in Reflect and select 'Edit'. Make sure that the correct partitions are selected and click 'Finish'

Conventional deletion processes don't appear to work since the XML file only exists somewhere in Macrium's internal programming.

The xml file is a regular file on your file system and is saved to the folder chosen when creating the backup definition. The default folder is:  'c:\users\<USER NAME>\documents\reflect'

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...