Moving License To Another Computer

Author
ka6uup
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have purchased a new computer ad want to install Macrium Reflect on the new computer . How do I go about moving the license to the new computer?
Thanks, Chuck

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Follow the steps explained in this KB article.  Note the final recommendation to create new Windows PE rescue media on your new hardware.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 11 May 2017 4:04 PM by Arvy
et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)
Once you have removed your license key, to download and install the latest version of Macrium Reflect, get and run the Download Agent available from: http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/reflectdlfull.exe In the dialog which appears select 'Full Software' and enter your version 7 license key (or version 6 license key if running version 6) then click on 'Download'....
If you are unable to remove the license key because the old computer is beyond use then you will have no option but to e-mail Macrium and ask if they will reset the license key. Send e-mail to 'support (at) macrium.com' and quote your license key when requesting a reset.
Please note that if you upgraded from version 5 to version 6 the version 5 license key will no-longer be valid you have to use the version 6 license key and if you upgraded from version 6 to version 7 then your version 6 license key will no-longer be valid, you have to use the version 7 license key when re-installing.

Edited 12 May 2017 11:33 AM by et_and_family
Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
As the OP posted the question in the Reflect v6 section of the forum, I assumed that s/he merely wanted to know how to move the license in order to re-install the same v6 version with its existing license key on the new computer. If I missed something about a Reflect v7 upgrade, I apologize.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 11 May 2017 4:56 PM by Arvy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...