Resetting all settings

Author
Hilbig
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How can I delete all backups and reset all settings so that I can start afresh as though I had just installed Macrium Reflect V6?
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.2K reputation)
Group: Administrators
You can delete all of you image file using Windows Explorer. You can also delete you backup definitions and scheduled tasks by right clicking and selecting 'Delete'.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Jed
Jed
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Hi Nick
In post  https://forum.macrium.com/Topic9496.aspx? Arvy said "It's best to use the Reflect v6 user interface for deleting any old backup files that are no longer wanted"
I only want to safely delete all old backup files/folders on an external USB drive that is now full of backups due to using default retention rules settings - can I just delete all the v6 backups files/folders on the external drive in Windows Explorer as per your above advice or is it best to use the Reflect v6 user interface for deleting all my old backup files on the external USB drive?
If the latter please advise how-to steps.
Note I am not trying to reset my v6 settings - I just want to delete all my old backups to free up storage space on the external drive.
Thanks.
Jed
dyhs
dyhs
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)Proficient Member (267 reputation)
You can either delete old backup files manually in Windows File Explorer OR delete them in MR's Restore tab OR set new retention rules in MR that will take of that automatically according to the rules you want.
What Arvy pointed out is that you have to be careful when you delete files manually in Windows Explorer, 'keeping in mind that incremental backups form a "chain" so that removing any one incremental "link" invalidates all subsequent incrementals up until the next full (or differential) backup in the set.
Edited 13 July 2017 2:37 PM by dyhs
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...