Imaging failure

Author
steve823
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've been doing this the same way since version 5 and this is the first time it has failed.
Reflect v7 installed. Created rescue USB. Running Windows 10 Home.
I have a USB hard drive attached and used to save the image to.
Boot from USB Rescue, create image of C: drive. The process starts and seems to be working for a minute or so when it quits with and error which I forget what it said, but it says look at the "History file."
Where is this "History File?" I can't find it and there is no clue what its named or where to find it. :-(
I've disconnected, turned off and reconnected the USB Drive to no avail. Like I said, it shows up and seems to  start imaging.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

Please look at the backup log to get the reason for failure:

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Reviewing+your+backup+history

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

steve823
steve823
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Is this what I'm looking for?
Event Data - 8 Items

Date 18-Apr-17 9:29:04 AM
Type Error
Event 513
SourceMicrosoft-Windows-CAPI2

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:
Access is denied.

Date 18-Apr-17 9:26:29 AM
Type Error
Event 513

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:
Access is denied.

Date 18-Apr-17 8:54:52 AM
Type Error
Event 517
SourceMicrosoft-Windows-Backup

The backup operation that started at '‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎18T15:53:33.142391200Z' has failed with following error code '0x80780166' (Windows Backup encountered an error when writing data to the backup target.). Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.

Date 18-Apr-17 8:54:51 AM
Type Error
Event 513

Details:

System Error:
Access is denied.

Date 18-Apr-17 8:53:34 AM
Type Error
Event 513

Details:

System Error:
Access is denied.

Date 18-Apr-17 8:53:17 AM
Type Error
Event 513

Details:

System Error:
Access is denied.

Date 18-Apr-17 8:53:01 AM
Type Error
Event 513

Details:

System Error:
Access is denied.

Date 18-Apr-17 8:52:34 AM
Type Error
Event 513

Details:

System Error:
Access is denied.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

Thanks for getting back.

Unfortunately, Those Windows Event aren't relevant to backup failure.  Failures will be at the end of the image log:

http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/59eae29b-77f6-485c-8d4e-99f8.png

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 19 April 2017 12:48 PM by Nick
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)
Just as another data point, I have the exact same errors "access denied" errors to the LLDP service and am not having any trouble with my backups. Hopefully the Reflect log is enlightening!

Edited 20 April 2017 2:10 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...