Rescue Boot Menu error

Author
Telos
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recently installed Kapsersky Total Security. Today I had to reimage. When I chose to use the Boot Menu Option and selected Macrium, the window came an error

"A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed."

and gave me the choice to go to bios settings, or boot into the WinOS. 

I went to Win8.1 and tried to reinstall the boot Menu option. Then rebooted and still I m unable to get the boot recovery to load.

Any ideas? I tried "disabling" Kaspersky TS but that had no effect at boot.
Edited 18 April 2017 2:31 AM by Telos
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.9K reputation)
Try opening the Create Rescue Media wizard, clicking Rebuild, and stepping through the wizard. You don't have to actually create media, but that will rebuild the files the menu option accesses. Then re-do the menu option function.
Telos
Telos
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
I tried that but no success. But it gave me an idea. So I removed the boot menu option, rebooted and then reinstalled it and it seems to be working. Thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...