Disk Error Create Rescue CD

Author
camiladasi
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am trying to create a new PE Rescue CD having been prompted to do so by MR.  I am running MR v6.3.1745 [UEFI] under Windows 10.

Each time I try, MR displays only gets to 07% on writing the ISO image and then gives a disk error message.  There are no further details displayed and no error number - only the message saying there is a disk error and the operation has failed.

I have successfully created a MR PE Rescue Disk using the same setup and same type of disk when I was on an earlier version of MR.

Help, advice or solutions would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks.

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
Just as a workaround, have you tried using Reflect just to generate the ISO and then using the Windows Disc Burner tool to make the CD? You can access that normally by just double-clicking the ISO, or if some other app has associated itself with ISOs, right-click the ISO and choose Open With. There are also other free disc writing tools such as ImgBurn.
camiladasi
camiladasi
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
@jphughan, thanks for the suggestion - I haven't tried that as yet, but will if there is no real solution.  As you say, it would be a workaround and I was hoping that some might suggestion what the problem is and how to fix the issue.

Thanks again for replying.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...