Restructuring HDD so that only programs are on boot volume so that this can be cloned to SSD

Author
Aladyn
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have divided my hard disk into 2 main partitions. One containing the operating system and the other containing user data.

For the operating system to use the user data, I want to create a junction link from the operating system to the user data.

I understand that this can be done using a COMMAND from Windows PE.

When I tried to get a Command Line Prompt by pressing SHIFT - F10 in the Macrium Reflect version of Windows PE nothing happened.

Can someone help?

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

Thanks for posting. 

To launch a command prompt in PE click the DOS prompt button on the task bar:

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/download/attachments/7734863/image2015-4-19%2015%3a19%3a48.png?version=1&modificationdate=1429453873000&api=v2&effects=drop-shadow

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...