M7: Virtual Machine Manager svc not running

Author
leftybygrace
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Download and installed M7 upgrade on my laptop. After launching I get message that 'Virtual Machine Manager svc not running'
How to fix?This is low-level crap that should be handled by the installer - why am I forced to muck around in Microsofts web site to find and install this.
Gawd, I hate crappy software...

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

Thanks for posting. 

Macrium Reflect doesn't require the "Virtual Machine Manager" to create backups so some insight into where you see this message would be useful. Are you launching viBoot? This requires Hyper-V and your system needs to be able to run Virtual Machines.

In any case. See here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/hyper-v/best-practices-analyzer/the-hyper-v-virtual-machine-management-service-must-be-running  Or Here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee956894(v=ws.10).aspx

This is low-level crap that should be handled by the installer - why am I forced to muck around in Microsofts web site to find and install this.
Gawd, I hate crappy software...

The installer is absolutely not the place for an installation interruption due to this issue and please try to be respectful when you post. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 30 March 2017 11:16 AM by Nick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...