Significant problem with viBoot in v 7.0.2079

Author
BulldolphinDan
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a significant problem with viBoot in v7.0.2079 of Reflect. It gives the same "you need to format" message
for virtual drives, as in prior versions, and of which you are aware, but this can be ignored, or click "Cancel" -- in either case,
things progress as expected. Also, I see a "No volumes Redeployed" message that I have also sometimes seen in prior
versions (v6 as well as v7.0.2035). All stops unless "OK" is selected therein, but again, if done, all progresses
normally.

With v7.0.2079 however, the image did boot, but then the virutal OS gives the "Sad Your PC ran into a problem and
needs to restart" message. Then upon automatic restart (of virtual OS), gives a missing DLL (oledlg.dll)
message that crashes the virtual machine. I have included screenshots. I am using Windows 10 Professional with the latest
upgrades.

As I am not interested in creating a backup for which I can't validate "bootability" (therein, viBoot is Macrium's
biggest selling point) I went back to v7.0.2035 for now, as I say, other than the cosmetic glitches I mentioned,
which were also in v6, it seems to work fine. Attention to this would be appreciated.
Attachments
Need to Format.jpg (2 views, 22.00 KB)
No volumes.jpg (2 views, 119.00 KB)
Restart.jpg (6 views, 89.00 KB)
V OS crash.jpg (4 views, 39.00 KB)
JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (142 reputation)Macrium Representative (142 reputation)Macrium Representative (142 reputation)Macrium Representative (142 reputation)Macrium Representative (142 reputation)Macrium Representative (142 reputation)Macrium Representative (142 reputation)Macrium Representative (142 reputation)Macrium Representative (142 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi BulldolphinDan,

Thank you for your post and providing the screenshots.

Sorry that you are having these problems with Macrium viBoot.

We are aware of some issues with version 7 that are affecting a small percentage of our customers and we are working hard to address them as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards,
Jamie – Macrium Support

Bavo
Bavo
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hallo,

I experience the similar problems on latest build 2089.
After booting the VM the virutal OS gives the "Sad Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" message.
Then upon automatic restart (of virtual OS), after logging in it keeps crashing with the same message: sometimes instantly and sometimes after a few moments.
On the :-( restart screen at the bottom I can see 'Stop code: MEMORY MANAGEMENT'

Other remark: in the viBoot log that got created when creating the VM there was a message of type warning with description 'Detected 4 CPU's in Windows image.'

As noted above: I want/need/like viBoot to give me confidence in my backup images, but so far the software seems to have some problems (I surely hope the problems are not within the backup image itself)

Regards,
Bavo Bostoen

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...