VirtualBox or VMWare Player

Author
Keith Weisshar
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (282 reputation)Proficient Member (282 reputation)Proficient Member (282 reputation)Proficient Member (282 reputation)Proficient Member (282 reputation)Proficient Member (282 reputation)Proficient Member (282 reputation)Proficient Member (282 reputation)Proficient Member (282 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there a way to use viBoot with VirtualBox or VMware?  I only have the Home Edition of Windows 10 and cannot use Hyper-V.  Hyper-V is only available in the Professional and Enterprise Editions of Windows 10.
Edited 22 March 2017 11:08 AM by Keith Weisshar
Mike A
Mike A
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)
Hi Keith,

The current release of viBoot only supports Hyper-V. I will put forward to the development team to support VirtualBox, and VMWare. This will then be prioritised within the development process.

Thanks,
LazLong
LazLong
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Mike A - 22 March 2017 11:19 AM
Hi Keith,

The current release of viBoot only supports Hyper-V. I will put forward to the development team to support VirtualBox, and VMWare. This will then be prioritised within the development process.

Thanks,

Nick promised that VMware and VirtualBox support was "coming soon" back in July of 2015:

"VirtualBox and VMWare will be coming soon."

http://forum.macrium.com/Topic2928.aspx

I guess that's "soon" with arbitrarily large values of "soon."
desii1
desii1
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
I too use VirtualBox extensively and would very much like to run 'mrimg's as virtual machines.

If I set up a separate machine with Hyper-V could I create the virtual machine with viBoot, save it, transfer it to VirtualBox and have it boot as a VM in VirtualBox?

Is there a procedure to support VirtualBox?

BTW I totally trashed a machine by loading Hyper-V along with VirtualBox.  Fortunately I had a good image to restore!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...