recreate task scheduler entries

Author
shmu26
Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recreated my Windows user account
I still have my xml files for my backup jobs, in the Reflect folder in Documents
but how do I get them rescheduled for Windows to run them automatically?
Windows 10
Reflect 8
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
Backup tab -> Backup Definition Files sub-tab.  Click on big green circle with the plus sign in the middle of it.  Browse to the location of an XML file and add it.  Once added to the list, click on the XML file within the Reflect GUI and choose Schedule from the drop down list.

I'm not sure if you're using Reflect v7.x or Reflect v6.x, I assume 6.x since you're posted in the Reflect V6 forums.  Before doing the above you may need to go to Other Tasks -> Edit Defaults... and find the option to enter your Windows username/password for an admin user and make sure that matches your new Windows user admin account.  (I'm on v7.x so I can't use my install as a reference to better guide you to this option - sorry.)

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

Edited 19 March 2017 3:36 AM by Gork
shmu26
shmu26
Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)Junior Member (83 reputation)
Thanks.
I am on Macrium 7, I now see that I made a mistake about that fact in my original post, beside starting this thread in the wrong subforum -- how many mistakes can a guy make??

Is there a way to retrieve the scheduled tasks from a system image, or is that harder/not possible?
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
There is not a way to retrieve scheduled tasks from a system image, no.  Unless you discovered how they were saved by the OS itself and retrieved them directly from the image from the location Windows Task Scheduler saves the data I suppose.  (I'm no guru but would assume this is probably through the registry so you'd be accessing saved registry hive files.)  My assumption would be this would only be useful to see the settings of the scheduled tasks; you'd have to recreate them through Reflect afterwards anyway.  I believe this to be the case because of how backup tasks run under the SYSTEM account now.

I'm surprised fi you're on Reflect v7 you had to recreate the schedules for the backups after resetting your login username information since these scheduled backups in v7 run under the SYSTEM account, which I would think shouldn't have changed at all if you only reset or recreated an OS user account.

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

Edited 19 March 2017 2:46 PM by Gork
shmu26
shmu26
Gork - 19 March 2017 2:39 PM
I'm surprised fi you're on Reflect v7 you had to recreate the schedules for the backups after resetting your login username information since these scheduled backups in v7 run under the SYSTEM account, which I would think shouldn't have changed at all if you only reset or recreated an OS user account.

You are right -- I had a little surprise this morning when they started running.
I looked in task scheduler, and I didn't see the jobs in there, so I assumed they were gone. But no, they caught me by surprise.
Gork
Gork
Guru
Ahh, good to hear!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...