Disk cloning failed but moved "SYSTEM" partition to the new drive

Author
Issam
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I used the trial home package to clone my existing 1Terra drive (with C: and D: (logical drive)) into a new 2T drive. The process went for over 2 hours and at the end it reported a failure (denied access) though it has copied all the folders. When I tried to start the pc on the new drive on its own, it did not start.
I re-connected the old drive and started OK and did see the new drive (with all the folders).
The (windows 10) Disk Management Tool shows that the "System" partition has been moved to the new drive - is there a way to put back the System partition back onto the old drive?
your assisstance is appreciated.Regards.
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
You might be able to fix that by only having the "new" drive connected and then use the FixBOOT function of the Recovery Media to see if it can reconfigure your system for you.  If successful, disconnect the new drive and reconnect the old drive and try the same thing with that one.
Edited 18 March 2017 12:42 PM by Froggie
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...