Upgrading from V5 to V7 and V6 to V7??

Author
TDKMate
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In reading some posts, I see a fair amount of issues upgrading to v7, which I just purchased.

On my wife's computer I never updated it from v5 to v6, even though I purchased the licenses long ago.   What steps do I need to take to install the v7 upgrade on this computer?

Also, in reading a couple of posts, the v7 upgrade seems to be updating v6 to only the latest version of 6 and not to v7.  How do I prevent that from happening?

My (this) computer currently has v6.3.1665.  How do I correctly install v7 on this computer?

The v7 download file is: "reflectdlfull.exe"

Both computers are running Win 7 64

et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)Proficient Member (340 reputation)
To upgrade.from version 5 to version 7 is a 2 or 3 stage process depending on when you purchases the upgrade from version 5 to 6 that is before or after 26 November 2016.

(a) The first step,assuming you have a version 6 Upgrade from version 5 license is to upgrade version 5 to version 6 with a full version 6 installation as follows: To download and install the latest version 6 of Macrium Reflect, get and run the Download Agent available from: http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v6/reflectdlfull.exe in the dialog which appears select 'Full Software' and enter your version 6 license key then click on 'Download'.... During the installation process you will be asked for the version 5 license key which is being upgraded.
Once you have version 6 installed you are ready to upgrade to version 7, if you purchased the upgrade after 26 November 2016 go to step (c) only for a free upgrade to version 7. If you purchased the upgrade to version 6 before 26 November 2016 then you need to purchase an upgrade to version 7 as in step (b) and then do step (d) and not step (c).

(b) To purchase an upgrade to version 7 use web page: http://www.macrium.com/upgrade.aspx For more information see: http://www.macrium.com/pages/version-7.aspx now follow step (d) not (c)

(c) If you are entitled to a free upgrade to version 7, because you purchased after 26 November2016 then open version 6 and follow the section titled 'Upgrading to Macrium Reflect v7 from an existing v6 Installation with a free upgrade key' as described in tutorial: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+a+Macrium+reflect+v6+to+v7+Upgrade you should now have a full version 7 license, no more steps to follow.

(d) Once you have purchased your version 7 license key you will need to open version 6 and follow the section titled 'Upgrading to Macrium Reflect v7 from an existing v6 Installation using a purchased upgrade key' as described in tutorial: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+a+Macrium+reflect+v6+to+v7+Upgrade

If you already have version 6 installed follow (b) to purchase an upgrade then follow (d).OR just follow (c) if you purchased the version 6 upgrade after 26 November 2016.

Once you have upgraded your version 7 upgrade license to version 7 the license becomes a full license which in future can be reinstalled using reflectdlfull.exe just like a full version 7 license which is not an upgrade license. Note that version 5 and version 6 licenses which are upgraded are disabled as these licenses are replaced by the version 7 license key.

Hope this helps

You will note from the above that reflectdlfull.exe can be used to upgrade version 5 to version 6 but not version 6 to version 7.

Please note that for step (a) you cannot purchase upgrade licenses from version 5 to version 6 from the macrium.com website any more as only version 6 to 7 upgrades are available. Having said that I am given to understand that some of the Macrium Resellers still have some version 5 upgrade licenses available.

It is expected that the free upgrade option from version 6 to 7 will be available for at least 1 year from the date of version 7's release but it is expected there will be a time limit for free upgrades.

Edited 22 March 2017 2:59 PM by et_and_family
TDKMate
TDKMate
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Thanks for the detailed reply, et_and_family!   I do appreciate it as I not the sharpest bowling ball in the closet, but your reply is very thorough and even I should be able to follow it. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...