update from v6.2 to v6.3 failed

Author
HarpKat
Talented Member
Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I had version 6.2 installed on two Windows 7 PCs and have done regular updates since buying Macrium about 2 years ago. When I tried to update to 6.3.1745, it succeeded on one PC, but not the other. The error code was "Info1937" along with a nonsensical message that said that Macrium was running and should be closed first.  Of course, Macrium had to be running to install the update!  I rebooted Windows and tried again and got the same result, in fact, I tried several times.  I submitted a support ticket and got a cryptic message from Kolosov saying that my support had expired, was only good for a year, and that I should download the latest installer.  I bought Macrium for both PCs at the same time, and therefore, they have the same support duration.  How will downloading a new installer fix the problem when my current installer, being the same on both PCs, worked on one PC but failed on another?  I'm not ready to upgrade to V7 and just want the update to v6.3.
Edited 15 March 2017 6:34 PM by HarpKat
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

Thanks for posting.  Sorry you are having problems, 

Can you try downloading and running the Full installer by entering your license key in the download manager: http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v6/reflectdlfull.exe

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Installing+Macrium+Reflect

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

HarpKat
HarpKat
Talented Member
Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)
Thanks Nick, but I got exactly the same error as before.  I have Reflect 6.2.1549.

I also have a different, but possibly related problem:   Every night, I do a backup and then Macrium shuts down Windows afterwards.  This has been working flawlessly for almost two years.   But recently, I'm greeted every morning by a message from Windows saying that I had a Blue Screen and a core dump was generated.  In other words, Windows crashed and didn't shut down.  The PC probably rebooted after the crash and displayed the message.  The Macrium log file says that the backup succeeded, but apparently, Windows crashed when Macrium tried to shut it down.  I am able to restart Windows without incident after getting the message, so it appears that Macrium can't shut down Windows without crashing it..

Any ideas?  Do you want the Windows .dmp or sysdata.xml files to review?

My not being able to update from 6.2.1549 to 6.3.1745 and the system crashes started occurring at approximately the same time, but I can't swear that they started occurring at the exact same time, so I don't know for certain if they're correlated.

Thanks for your help.

HarpKat

HarpKat
HarpKat
Talented Member
Hi Nick,

An update to what I said above.  Somehow the option to shutdown Macrium after the early morning backup was unset.  How could that happen?  -- I haven't visited that area in ages.  So, I don't know if the Windows problem is related to Macrium or not.  It might not be.  Also, even though Windows generated a dump and said that I had a Blue Screen, there is no reporting of this event in the Windows Event Viewer.  Makes no sense.  I'll know better tomorrow after tonight's backup and auto shutdown afterwards if Macrium is perhaps involved with this problem. 

But, I still have the problem with not being to update from 6.2 to 6.3.  Appreciate your help.  Worst case, is that I simply don't update. Looking at the update history, I don't have any updates from December 2016 forward.  Were they important?

Thanks,
HarpKat

HarpKat
HarpKat
Talented Member
I never heard back from support about the problem updating from v6.2 to v6.3.  Do have any other ideas or did you give up?

HarpKat
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)
Have you tried completely uninstalling Reflect 6.2 and restarting before running the full 6.3 installer?  The uninstaller gives you the option to preserve settings, backup definitions, etc.

Edited 3 April 2017 9:26 PM by jphughan
HarpKat
HarpKat
Talented Member
No, I followed the instruction above which gave me a link to run the 6.3 installer.  I'll now try uninstalling first before running the 6.3 installer.  But if it fails, as it has been doing, then I won't have anything, right?  In which case you'll have to send me a link to do a 6.2 install.  Correct?
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)
HarpKat,

PM me your ticket number and I will find out what happened to your ticket.

Kind regards

Stephen - Macrium Support

HarpKat
HarpKat
Talented Member
Sorry for the late reply.  My case number is 113292, but I was told that my license is out of support because it's more than 365 days old and that this sort of causal forum support is the best I could get.  I have a more serious problem that I need to post to a different forum group because it's OT.  My VSS log says that my backup completed, but Reflect is still running and my backup disk also shows the backup is still running with zero bytes written to the incremental backup file.  It has been running for 10 hours and it usually completes in less than 10 minutes.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
My VSS log says that my backup completed, but Reflect is still running and my backup disk also shows the backup is still running with zero bytes written to the incremental backup file.  It has been running for 10 hours and it usually completes in less than 10 minutes.

The VSS log indicates that the snapshot created successfully, it doesn't indicate that the backup is complete. If the backup has hung then this may indicate a problem closing VSS but it isn't possible to know without more detail. I suggest you reboot and run the backup again interactively to see if it completes or at which point it hangs. If the backup hangs when closing VSS then take 'Other Tasks' > 'Fix VSS' and try the backup again. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...