Disk Image interface too large to fit screen

Author
erik
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Macrium users

I have been using Rescue Media to clone my C-drive for years. Now, after having got a new computer, I have encountered a problem when trying to make a Backup of my C-drive. I succeeded in booting from the Rescue Media I just created in the new version 7 of Macrium Reflect. The problem is however that the interface is too large to fit the screen, meaning there are elements I cannot access. I cannot see all the partitions and there is no way to press Next. See attached photo! I wonder what can be the problem? My new computer is Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga with a screen resolution og 2560 x  1440 pixels. I hope someone can help, so I will be able to clone my C-drive. 

Regards,

Erik

Attachments
Disk Image screen.jpg (14 views, 126.00 KB)
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
Does using the option under Other Tasks -> Screen Resolution in the rescue media version of Reflect get you anywhere?

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

erik
erik
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Thank you for your reply, Gork. I tried the menu you mentioned before entering into Backup menu. The only option available is screen resolution 640 x 480 32 bit ... So unfortunately no other option to choose from. I am stuck!

Erik
Seekforever
Seekforever
Expert
Expert (708 reputation)Expert (708 reputation)Expert (708 reputation)Expert (708 reputation)Expert (708 reputation)Expert (708 reputation)Expert (708 reputation)Expert (708 reputation)Expert (708 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
erik
erik
I looked at your link but found it too difficult to follow - too many options and variables and even another problem mixed up in that thread.

I really have no idea about the origin of the problem. Somehow  the rescue USB Flash drive does not recognize the resolution of my computer. I cannot change the default resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. The resolution of my computer screen is 2560 x 1440 pixels! Is there a way to add information when creating the rescue media? If so, please tell me in details, because I am not very experienced in this department. 

I need desperately to make an image of my hard drive on my Yoga before proceeding, in order to feel safe if something should go wrong in the future installations. If you cannot help me solve this, I will need to look for other imagining software. I prefer Macrium, though. Until now Macrium Reflect has served me perfectly ... making hundreds of images of my System Drive (CSmile.

Erik V.  
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Erik

Your UEFI bios isn't compatible with the latest PE 10 when booting from USB and querying the Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) from the EFI system bios. 

Create PE 5.0 USB media. This will work and will be compatible with your system. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

erik
erik
Nick - 24 March 2017 6:54 PM
Hi Erik

Your UEFI bios isn't compatible with the latest PE 10 when booting from USB and querying the Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) from the EFI system bios. 

Create PE 5.0 USB media. This will work and will be compatible with your system. 

Great! I upgraded to the very latest builds of Macrium Reflect, but the thing that I think made the trick was to create the rescue media using PE 5.0, instead of the default PE 10.0! Now the entire interface was visible when trying to make images using the new rescue media. It even looks like the good old Macrium Reflect interface! The text gets extremely small on some of the pages. Although I am 55 years old, I usually never use a magnifying glass, but here it is necessary. Despite this I am really happy with the outcome. Thanks a lot!!

Erik 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...