Group: Forum Members
I rebooted my PC for the first time today after updating to Macrium v7 a few days ago.
I CBT Tracker to note what it had tracked before I rebooted... 750K worth of writes was the baseline I noted.
I rebooted and noticed that the CBT Tracker reset it's counts/tracking.
This raises a lot of questions:
1) does this mean my next incremental is in jeopardy of not being complete since the pre-boot CBT session data was seemingly lost?
2) Is the previous CBT Tracking session still maintained/tracked, just I cannot see it?
3) I noticed now that the likely important number to have noted was "# of tracked writes"... should this value survive each reboot?
4) How is CBT Tracking keeping track of all the windows writes that happen during a shutdown? I imagine lots of processing/writing is going on during the shutdown even after CBT Tracking is unloaded.
5) Does CBT Tracking somehow start over (after a reboot) and look for drive changes since the last incremental? If so, does a backup revert back to the old delta logic if the CBT Tracking had not caught up before the next bacxkup starts? (i.e. power failure, PC brought back up after power restored, macrium begins missed backup)