Windows Security popup during image restore

Author
cdsimon
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Windows 10 PE 10
I get the followingpopup when attempting to restore my system from a backup
Windows Security
        Enter the network logon credentials to enableWindows PE to
        Access theNetwork Share
          User Name:
          Password:
The Network Name cannot be found
                                                                OK    Cancel

I have tried the “x” button in the top right corner, the “Cancel”button and the “OK” button but the popup pops up again.  After repeating the “Cancel” button a variablenumber of times (sometimes once sometimes as many as thirteen times) before thepopup finally goes away for good.  Then Iget the “confirm overwrite of C: drive message” and the restore completesnormally.  Not the end of the world butcould be if the popup were to get stuck in an infinite loop.

This laptop connects to the internet via WiFi, but I vaguelyremember using the Ethernet connection when setting up a new router severalyears ago.  Finally this popup is afairly recent phenomenon and has come and gone in the past (presumably due to me rebuilding the rescue media after installing a Macrium Reflect update.  Any ideas?l

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...