Scheduled Backup Task fail to start

Author
Tbroadley
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I had asked this question in a different subforum so maybe this is the correct palce

I had set my schedule with the standard grandfather/father/son template. However on the date the full backup was supposed to start, it did not. Nor can I run the task the manually. This is the second time this has happened to me. Last month being the first. Usually the message is "Start missed.... 

I can run a task, under the backup tab and do a full backup that way; but I really don't why the schedule task won't start. When I right click on the specific task i.e. full, and select run this task now, nothing happens

I am relative noobie to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. BTW running under Win 10 on a I7 machine

thanks
Tim

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
When you say that you're unable to run manually the same Reflect task that fails to run as scheduled, it suggests that the problem is the task definition itself.  Either it contains some instruction that Reflect is unable to carry out, or the task's .XML definition file is not being found where Reflect expects it to have been saved.  Reflect's logs should help you to pin down the problem more exactly.  Have you checked for any more specific error result under Reflect's Log tab?

http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/eebea733-1736-473b-b9ab-264b.png

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 10 March 2017 7:12 PM by Arvy
Tbroadley
Tbroadley
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
For the date that the full backup was scheduled to start- 3/7
there are no Log entries  indicating an error
Under the backup Tab and Scheduled backup. it simply says "start missed, will be run on 4/4"
Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
So no explanation of why it was missed or why you can't run it manually.  How was your manual run attempted?  Did you select the backup definition file and Run Now from the dropdown option list and did that produce any error message or other response at all?

http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/b1f2bf08-771f-4356-9b4d-30f7.png

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Tbroadley
Tbroadley
Richard
:
I just tried the step you posted above and the full seems to be running. I did not realize you could do that. Now if I do that,  will the incremental/differential run automatically which is which is were  I am trying to get to i.e. everything running automatically, The full run completed successfully and the only error noted in the Log is 513. However under the Scheduled Backup tab it still says "start missed"

Tim
Tbroadley
Tbroadley
well I still have the problem of the backups starting as scheduled

Mike A
Mike A
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)
Hi Tbroadley,

What error do you get when running a scheduled task? To start a scheduled task, within Reflect select the "Scheduled Backups" tab, and use the context menu to select "Run Now". Selecting "Run Now" on the scheduled backups tab triggers the scheduled task, where as the "Run Now" on the "Backup Definition Files" tab starts a backup from within the Reflect instance.

Thanks,

Mike.
Tbroadley
Tbroadley
Mike
That's the point I do not seem to get an error other than the ubiquitous 513. Under the scheduled backup tab, all it says is "start missed....." then when I click on "run now" in the context menu, nothing happens. I wait a few minutes and still nothing.
Tim

Mike A
Mike A
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)
Hi Tim,

Could you raise a support ticket so that we can investigate your issue further please. To submit a support ticket, please visit the following weblink:

https://macrium.com/get-support

Thanks,

Mike.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...