Starting the backup from the schedule definition I got everytime this Backup Notofication Delay...

Starting the backup from the schedule definition I got everytime this...
Author
z624391
Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/db35fb6b-2e53-48a5-83cf-d971.png

Probably because SYSTEM user has no profile it does not save settings. "Do not show this message" has no effect.

I saw this response in the forum:
Can you check the action details of a scheduled task within Windows Task Scheduler to see if the action includes a "-dp" switch?
Below are the steps to check the action:
1. Run Windows Task Scheduler
2. In The "Task Scheduler Library" select a Macrium Backup task
3. In the bottom half of the window you will see a series of tabs, select the "Action" tab
4. In the "Details" column it shows the program that will run, does it include the switch "-dp" ?

Adding -dp is the solution but not for the MR generated schedules because they are not adjustable (protected implementation).

Why was it necessary to go for SYSTEM user implementation? I don't see any benefit. Can I somewhere find what all the benefits are going from v6 to v7 (except keeping the support up-level)? Is it maybe possible to implement the default user from which the schedules etc are defined. Then everybody can choose what they want and which protection level they like.

Why is Reflect not using the standard System profile folder for settings etc: (I don't see anything in here C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile). That's the place for System user profile.

if I need to define my own task schedules I like to know ALL switches available. I can find a few but not all (for instance "-g"). Is there somewhere an update list?
Edited 10 March 2017 12:19 PM by z624391
Mike A
Mike A
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)
Hi,

The backup notification dialog runs as the logged on user (and not SYSTEM), therefore persist's its settings to the logged on user's registry. I have tried to recreate your issue but have not been able to. The steps that I've tried are below:

1 Run scheduled task
2 Backup Task window is shown
3 Check "Do not show this message again"
4 Either click OK or Cancel
5 Run scheduled task - no Backup Task window shown.
6 Verified within Reflect that the message should not be shown

Thanks,

Mike.
z624391
z624391
Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)Junior Member (67 reputation)
The Backup Notification Window is popping up every time I start a schedule. Selecting the "Do not show this message" has no effect.

http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/d1e9ed44-f966-4bcf-a6ad-03fb.png

It's no difference if the schedule starts automatically or by manually.
Edited 10 March 2017 4:00 PM by z624391
z624391
z624391
Eventually I have decided to go back to MR v6.+. I struggled with:

- .XML Backup Definition files cannot be saved on SMB-share;
- recreate all schedules because the new iSCSI lun location;
- backup notification windows keeps popping up when schedule starts;
- I cannot find any functional benefits from the upgrade to version 7.

Because this undermines the trusted and solid working backup process I decided to wait for an more mature MR version.

I can tell that (again) MR did a very good job in restoring my server.
Edited 11 March 2017 7:16 AM by z624391
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...