Upgrade from v6 to v7

Author
CWBillow
New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a registered copy of v6 installed.  The upgrade shows that v7 is available.
Is this a free upgrade?  And
Will a "clean install" of v7 be available using the v6 registration info?   If not, what is the upgrade process/cost?
Regards,
Charles Billow

et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)
Copies of version 6 purchased after 26 November 2016 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 7. Purchases before this date will need to pay to upgrade to version 7 but with an upgrade discount.

(a) If you purchased version 6 before 26 November 2016 you can get your upgrade options by completing web page: https://www.macrium.com/upgrade the upgrade options will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
Once you have purchased your version 7 license key you will need to open version 6 and follow the section titled 'Upgrading to Macrium Reflect v7 from an existing v6 Installation using a purchased upgrade key' as described in tutorial: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+a+Macrium+reflect+v6+to+v7+Upgrade

(b) If you are entitled to a free upgrade to version 7 then open version 6 and follow the section titled 'Upgrading to Macrium Reflect v7 from an existing v6 Installation with a free upgrade key' as described in tutorial: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+a+Macrium+reflect+v6+to+v7+Upgrade
The Free upgrade to version 7 applies to both new purchases of version 6 and upgrades from version 5 purchased after 26 November 2016. I expect there to be a time limit to claim the free upgrade, probably one year from the release of version 7.

(c) If you purchase version 7 which is not an upgrade license or you need to reinstall version 7 license after it has become a full license key [after installing as above in (a) or (b)] then install as follows:

To download and install the latest version of Macrium Reflect, get and run the Download Agent available from: http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/reflectdlfull.exe In the dialog which appears select 'Full Software' and enter your version 7 license key then click on 'Download'....

To clarify:
To claim your free upgrade from version 6 to version 7 follow (b) and not (a)
To purchase an upgrade from version 6 to 7 follow (a) and not (b)
To install version 7 full license follow (c)

Note that a version 7 upgrade license key becomes a full license once it has been upgraded/installed in version 7 and the version 6 license key is disabled.

Hope this helps and clarifies

Regards, et

Edited 13 March 2017 7:03 PM by et_and_family
Dog's Boy
Dog's Boy
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
My copy of Reflect v6 was installed in July, but I got the same link for a free upgrade as a copy purchased this year.
But both copies have been essentially disabled by the v7 "upgrade."
If you have not yet upgraded to v7, I would strongly advise you to wait until they get the issues with scheduled backup authentication worked out. You would be buying yourself a world of hurt upgrading now.

CWBillow
CWBillow
New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)
Dog's Boy - 7 March 2017 10:48 PM
My copy of Reflect v6 was installed in July, but I got the same link for a free upgrade as a copy purchased this year.
But both copies have been essentially disabled by the v7 "upgrade."
If you have not yet upgraded to v7, I would strongly advise you to wait until they get the issues with scheduled backup authentication worked out. You would be buying yourself a world of hurt upgrading now.

Sure can do. Thanks for the heads-up.

et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)Proficient Member (344 reputation)
The latest version v7.0.2055 should have resolved the scheduling problems. Open Reflect version 7 and from the Other Tasks menu select 'Check for updates'.

I have purchased as in (a) and also got a free upgrade as  in (b), as in my previous posting, with no problem. My installed version 7 is giving no problems. Version 7 just took over my version 6 scheduled backups with no problem.

Regards, et

Edited 15 March 2017 6:20 PM by et_and_family
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...