Installing Hyper-V Windows 10 and Reflect 7

Author
kingsmeadow
New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I thought i would give this a try, just as an experiment .

First thing to say it does work !
I began by setting up Windows 10  ( Insider Version ) with Hyper-V and to do this I followed these instructions.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/quick-start/enable-hyper-v

I also enabled Hyper-V in " Turning Windows features on and off "  first. All this then requires a re-boot, at least it did on my system.
I then chose a recent backed up Reflect Image and followed the options, which are very straight forward, Within minutes I had a Window reported to be running my Virtual Operating System, and within a few minutes that booted up and I was able to run applications inside this window.
I hasten to add, that was on one of my PCs,, the second one, which is almost identical, I have not got it running yet. It gets nearly to the end, then throws up a message saying Virtual Machine Connection has stopped working...and that is as far as I have gotten with that one..More research required !
Bernie
JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (119 reputation)Macrium Representative (119 reputation)Macrium Representative (119 reputation)Macrium Representative (119 reputation)Macrium Representative (119 reputation)Macrium Representative (119 reputation)Macrium Representative (119 reputation)Macrium Representative (119 reputation)Macrium Representative (119 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Bernie,

Thank you for your post.

We have noticed that from time to time, Hyper-V on Windows 10 can loose it's connection to a virtual machine. This also happens with virtual machines that were not created with viBoot. Normally it just requires opening Hyper-V Manager and reconnecting by either double-clicking on the virtual machine, or selecting it with the right mouse button and choosing "Connect" from the drop-down menu.

If this does not solve your issue, please let us know and we will do are best to help.

Kind Regards,
Jamie - Macrium Support
kingsmeadow
kingsmeadow
New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Jamie,
I did try a number of times, but it continues with the same error.
I had an update to my Windows 10 to a new version, but the same error comes up in that one also. It's not a huge problem
Thanks again
Bernie
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...