Re-download of v6 installation

Author
fraXis
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How do I re-download v6 of Macrium Reflect?  

I don't want to install or update to V7 yet but I want to re-install V6 on my PC.

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)

If you don't have a backup image, the reflect download agent should be able to get and install Reflect v6 for you if your v6 license key remains valid.  Just enter that v6 key into the download agent.  If that doesn't work there are direct download links, but I think Macrium frowns on posting them.  PM me if you're really desperate.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Dog's Boy
Dog's Boy
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
In the absence of a working version of v7, I am thinking of downgrading too. I have a copy of the v6 software; that isn't the issue.
Instead, the question is, are the changes v7 made to the task scheduler & scheduled BUs going to confound reverting to v6? If so, then I'll need to revert my C drive to Monday AM when things were happier rather than do a simple uninstall/reinstall.
Anyone have experience uninstalling v7 in favor of a v6 reinstall?

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
On your first run, the Reflect v7 upgrade will have popped up a dialog to update any existing scheduled tasks to run using the Windows Task Scheduler v2.0 API as explained in this KB article.  Changes to the scheduled tasks include both their "User account" option and their "Configure for" option.  That wouldn't prevent the Windows Task Scheduler from running them as usual after uninstalling v7 and re-installing v6 but it does make them incompatible with the Reflect v6 user interface.  It should also be noted that they are now set not only to run as SYSTEM but have also been "locked down" in the Windows Task Scheduler itself to prevent any manual reconfiguration.

All things considered, backup image restoration may be the easier and more certain route so long as you preserve your current user data (docs, images, etc.) that were changed since then.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 7 March 2017 11:47 PM by Arvy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...