The pop-ups when scheduled backups are started

Author
Wepeel
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The window that would pop up with a timer when a scheduled backup was triggered, was this feature removed?

I actually liked it because I could cancel it if I wanted to. This actually caused me a bit of trouble today when I upgraded to version 7. My schedules were set to run at startup if missed and when I updated, all of my schedules ran, including full backup schedules, and since they ran before I could cancel them it purged some of my older backup sets. Luckily, I had the older sets on an external device.

The "Display backup notification delay" option in Advanced Backup Options is checked, so is it a bug or was it meant to be removed?

Mike A
Mike A
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)Macrium Representative (329 reputation)
Hi Wepeel,

Can you check the action details of a scheduled task within Windows Task Scheduler to see if the action includes a "-dp" switch?

Below are the steps to check the action:

1. Run Windows Task Scheduler
2. In The "Task Scheduler Library" select a Macrium Backup task
3. In the bottom half of the window you will see a series of tabs, select the "Action" tab
4. In the "Details" column it shows the program that will run, does it include the switch "-dp" ?

Thanks,

Mike.
Wepeel
Wepeel
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Sorry for the very late reply.

I don't see any "-dp" switch in any of my schedules.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Wepeel

Have you updated to the latest release?  If not take 'Other Tasks' > 'Check for updates'. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Wepeel
Wepeel
I am on v7.0.2055 and newly created schedules doesn't have "-dp".

I tried creating schedules manually through Windows and adding "-dp", but it still didn't work.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)
Hi Wepeel

I tried creating schedules manually through Windows and adding "-dp", but it still didn't work.

Scheduled tasks should not have '-dp' in the command line. Apologies for the confusion, we were making sure that it wasn't thee by asking.  If you open 'Task Manager'  can you confirm that a process named 'ReflectUI.exe' is running?  This is responsible for displaying the startup dialog. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Wepeel
Wepeel
Yes, ReflectUI.exe is running.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Thanks for getting back. Sorry you are still having problems. 

Can you create another schedule, right click on it on the scheduled backups tab and select 'Run Now'. Does this show the prompt?  If it does then you may need to re-create your schedules. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Wepeel
Wepeel
The backup just runs without the prompt.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...