How to prevent Macrium Reflect from launching at reboot

Author
IronZorg89
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Even enabled in Task Manager, MR never used to starting at reboot. For a while now, even after disabling it in the startup programs' list in Task Manager, it keeps on launching at every reboot. I really don't have a clue about the reason of this sudden and constant behavior. I even tried to disable it in the startup list of two other cleaning programs, namely CClenaer & jv16 Power Tools 2017 (latest versions), but the same thing happens every time I reboot my computer, an HP Envy 64-bit that I bought in mid-2015. The only recent changes made to my PC are with regard to adding Boxcryptor to encrypt my data in the cloud (OneDrive) and starting using a Privacy Cleaner tool from time to time from an app called "Windows 10 Manager". Besides this glitch, which is kind of annoying and frustrating, the software is working fine when it comes to running my scheduled backups and restoring a system image backup.

I was wondering if anyone who has already experienced this problem or even a moderator could help me in resolving this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (623 reputation)Expert (623 reputation)Expert (623 reputation)Expert (623 reputation)Expert (623 reputation)Expert (623 reputation)Expert (623 reputation)Expert (623 reputation)Expert (623 reputation)
You can tell Reflect to only run once a day - no matter how many times the computer reboots.  I assume you have selected the option to run at user logon or when my computer starts.  If so, when you schedule the task you can specify that the task is only to be run once a day.  This is in the defaults for the scripts (Other Tasks/Edit Defaults/Scripts/Run Once A day).
IronZorg89
IronZorg89
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)
Drac144 - 24 February 2017 7:37 PM
You can tell Reflect to only run once a day - no matter how many times the computer reboots.  I assume you have selected the option to run at user logon or when my computer starts.  If so, when you schedule the task you can specify that the task is only to be run once a day.  This is in the defaults for the scripts (Other Tasks/Edit Defaults/Scripts/Run Once A day).

Sorry to get back to this so late, meaning approximately one month later. I thought that nobody was going to help me with this issue. At any rate, thanks for taking the time to try to help me. Gladly enough, the issue has been resolved by Macrium Reflect technical support which I contacted directly by email. Since it was only two or three months (not really sure) after I upgraded to their latest version 7.0 that the problem started, I supposed I was entitled to one-year free technical support. They contacted back and fixed the problem by remote assistance. I don't know exactly what the technical support representative did, but after that the problem never reappeared. I am really grateful to MR's support team for that. 
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
FYI, if the problem happened with V7, it would have been better to post this in the V7 section rather than V6 as you did -- which would have given other people an important clue since V7 changes how background tasks work. Glad it's fixed though!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...