Aborted upate installs

Author
Ed Norman
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
While trying to install the newest Reflect update (6.3.1655), it always aborts with an error stating that Reflect is already running. I've tried it in safe mode, I've tried it with the Macrium service disabled, all aborted with the same results. Do i need to uninstall the previous version manually? Any suggestions?

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
The v6.3.1655 release is a full Reflect application upgrade requiring shutdown of the related services as well as the application itself.  For some reason, Relect's auto-update feature appears to be having a problem with that in your case.  Are you using the application's "built-in" updater?  The most likely solution would be a fresh installation using the Reflect download agent that is linked in this KB article.  If all else fails, uninstalling and/or a "clean boot" may be necessary.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Ed Norman
Ed Norman
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Well, I had to uninstall the previous version before installing 6.3.1655. Also had to delete the old and re-establish a new boot menu item for the new version. The original problem was happening from the program menu to check for updates and when trying to install with the downloaded freestanding installer.

Edited 5 January 2017 9:42 PM by EDN3005
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...