0x1f6 Error?

Author
dbminter
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Today's backup didn't run.  Reflect's schedule window says the task executed but it apparently didn't run.  The last result was 0x1f6 Error.

What's a 0x1f6 Error?

There was no entry in the log for today's backup so it definitely didn't run.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi 

Thanks for posting. Sorry you are having problems.

Please can you check and make sure that any service beginning with  'Macrium' are running and configured to start automatically.  

If that doesn't help can you please open a support ticket: http://www.macrium.com/support.aspx#tickets

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

dbminter
dbminter
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)Advanced Member (512 reputation)
Yeah, I have one and it's set to automatically start.

I manually executed the task in Task Scheduler to get the task to start, and it ran then, successfully.

I'll see if my backup runs on schedule tomorrow.  If not, I'll open a support ticket then.  I'll also see if, next week, it happens again.  Could be just related to the Saturday weekly task.  Yesterday's weekly Friday task ran fine.  Of course, doesn't mean anything.  Windows can screw up at any time for any reason without warning until something goes wrong to let you know something went wrong.

Merlin
Merlin
Talented Member
Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)
This just happened to me also, but mine did run, and the log said it was successful.
The Macrium service is running and set to automatic.
I rebooted and tried another incremental with the same result.
Ticket opened.
Edited 18 December 2016 2:49 PM by Merlin
dbminter
dbminter
Advanced Member
My scheduled backup ran just fine this morning.  It's another weekly backup set to run at the same time as my Saturday one was.  I rebooted, too, just as a common practice.  I reboot every day because File Explorer "slows down" over time on Windows 8 and 10 on this Dell PC I have, requiring I reboot to fix it.  Logging off doesn't help.

I will keep an eye out on Saturday, though, to see if it repeats.

Mike A
Mike A
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)Macrium Representative (327 reputation)
Hi,

The code 0x1F6 code shown in Task Scheduler means that the backup was started but the Reflect Launcher could not wait for Reflect to finish.

Could you please raise a support ticket from the following website so that we can investigate your issue further:

http://www.macrium.com/support...

Thanks,
Mike. 
Merlin
Merlin
Talented Member
Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)Talented Member (149 reputation)
For anyone else that runs across this error, it's apparently due to a Windows AU bug due to the way tasks are handled. It shouldn't affect the way MR runs.

dbminter
dbminter
Advanced Member
No problem running this Saturday's backup.  And all backups this week ran fine, except for my Day 21 which ran twice.  But, that was a separate issue requiring deleting the old backup task and recreating it in Reflect.  That was a bug caused by the Anniversary Update.  After numerous tests and partition restores, updating software, etc. it was the AU causing it.

Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
I just discovered my backup scheduled to run on 01 Feb 2017 didn't run and this same error, 0x1F6, was reported for the correct date and time.  There is no log entry for that date in the Log tab within Reflect.  This is twice now I've had scheduled backups not run for different reasons in the past few months, and this is alongside the problem where scheduled backups started running twice when nothing was changed.  Needless to say my faith in trusting MR to properly execute my backups without me having to babysit the program is starting to wane.  I have one service starting with "Macrium" running and it is called "Macrium Service" and is set with the Startup Type of Automatic.

Are you able to tell me what happened and if there is something I can do to prevent this problem in the future?  I would really like to get back to Reflect scheduled backups running automatically in the background without me having to be concerned about whether or not they'll run and intervene, like it was for about two years prior to the last few months.  So far I've been lucky to have thought to check to ensure that backups ran as scheduled, but I envision a time may crop up where a catastrophic event will occur and I'll find that Reflect hasn't been properly executing scheduled backups.

A reminder...  I run my backups via a VB Script, with the following changes made to the Script created from within Reflect:

' Do the backup
 'ExitCode = Backup ("""D:\system\reflect\Reflect.exe"" -e -w <BACKUP_TYPE> ""E:\Program Data\Reflect\Xythos-Win10.xml"" -g")
 If Day(Date) = 1 Then
  'MsgBox "FIRST Day(Date) = " & Day(Date)
  'Run the full image
  ExitCode = Backup ("""D:\system\reflect\Reflect.exe"" -e -w -full ""E:\Program Data\Reflect\Xythos-Win10.xml""")
 Else
  'MsgBox "SECOND Day(Date) = " & Day(Date)
  'Run the incremental image
  ExitCode = Backup ("""D:\system\reflect\Reflect.exe"" -e -w -inc ""E:\Program Data\Reflect\Xythos-Win10.xml""")
 End If

I also manually edited the task from within Windows Task Scheduler so I can utilize the more robust interface to schedule backups as I see fit.  But I have been running these backups thusly for a few years without problems until recently.

Running the task manually from within Windows Task Scheduler just now worked fine, but of course as the script should do it ran an incremental backup.  My full backup for February which was scheduled to run on 01 Feb 2017 was skipped.  I'll have to run a February full image manually using the Backup Definition File.

I did add two virtual machines for my install of VMware Workstation a few days before the missed backup was scheduled to run.  These, of course, are made up of huge files.  But adding data to a drive shouldn't cause this type of a problem should it?  It never has in the past...  I can also share that, since "installing" those two VMs this computer (the one which runs the Reflect scheduled task in question) has been set to run 24x7 because the VMs run somewhat crucial tasks in my household.

The only other difference is the fact those two VMs run 24x7 from within Workstation now.  If it matters, one of them is an Ubuntu Linux "LAMP server" which was a VM on a different computer.  The other VM is the image from the actual hardware on the PC which was running the VM before.  I imaged the hard drive from that computer using Reflect and used Reflect's option to "fix boot problems" to restore it to the VM environment.

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

Edited 7 February 2017 5:44 AM by Gork
Gosha
Gosha
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (117 reputation)Macrium Representative (117 reputation)Macrium Representative (117 reputation)Macrium Representative (117 reputation)Macrium Representative (117 reputation)Macrium Representative (117 reputation)Macrium Representative (117 reputation)Macrium Representative (117 reputation)Macrium Representative (117 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hello Gork,

Thanks for posting on our forum.

Can you please submit a ticket to support@macrium.com mentioning my name and this forum case in the subject.

Once you have opened the ticket will send you further instructions on how to enable debug mode so we can get additional information on what has happened with your schedules on your PC.

Kind regards
Gosha - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...