Macrium Support Forum

Powershell

https://forum.macrium.com/Topic677.aspx

By Xplorer1 - 18 March 2015 2:33 PM

Dumb question: I just upgraded to Reflect V6 and find Powershell as a scripting option. Can anyone tell me when/why should I use VBScript or Powershell in preference to the other?

Thanks...Neil
By Arvy - 18 March 2015 3:40 PM

It's not a dumb question at all, but neither is it one that can be answered properly in just a few words.  I would suggest a web search on "vbscript versus powershell" might provide you with some objective assessments of both for your consideration.  One of the best (or at least most comprehensive) that I've see is this 4SysOps article.  I tend to agree with its "verdict" that powershell is becoming the language of choice in the Microsoft world, but that's just one opinion and you'll have to reach your own conclusion about the factors most important to you.
By CSPonMR - 7 April 2015 3:18 AM

Thank you for that link to 4sysops Arvy!

I've used PowerShell only rarely over the past few years, and I see that the 4sysops page you referenced is still having fresh - and very interesting - PowerShell related topics added to it!!

Colin P.
By Arvy - 7 April 2015 4:52 AM

You're welcome.  I like that site for technology updates.  Not too much "fluff" there and the main contributors seem to know their subjects quite well.