Macrium Support Forum

POST-CLONE PROBLEM

https://forum.macrium.com/Topic5905.aspx

By DAVID BANKS - 29 January 2016 7:13 PM

WINDOWS 8.1
REFLECT VERSION V.6.1.936
DESKTOP PC WITH EXTERNAL USB DRIVE FOR CLONE
PROBLEM:  I've had this problem for a while, but I'm getting so tired of it I'm seeking a solution.  I have no problem with making a clone of my hard drive (C & D cloning to H & I).  The clone finishes and the popup box tells me it's finished and everything is fine.  However, after I close Reflect is when the trouble begins.  My computer automatically starts accessing the external drive, and its light blinks and blinks for a couple hours after the cloning process.  When I open task manager/performance, I can clearly see that something is going on with the external drive, because the graphs show that drive (H & I) is very active.  During this process, I cannot access the main (H) drive with File Explorer (This Computer); the message: THIS DRIVE NOT AVAILABLE.  This problem continues for about the same number of hours it took to make the clone in the first place.
Anyone know what's going on?  I think the problem is with Windows and not Reflect.  I think, somehow, is attempting to read the drive and do something, and when it's finished everything is okay.  But it is really annoying!  How can I stop this?  Thanks for your help.

By Stephen - 1 February 2016 2:11 PM

Hi David,

Your ticket has been replied to.