Macrium Support Forum

ViBoot - No bootable drive detected

https://forum.macrium.com/Topic58386.aspx

By HallsOak - 13 February 2022 12:15 PM

Hello,

I'm using ViBoot with VirtualBox and I created a full image "test" backup on my second M.2 drive. However, when I try to use it I get this pop up:

The strange thing is that if I click OK, it gives me the options to create the VM, I change the memory and it boots fine. It's like it's a false warning?

I tested an full image from my main external backup drive and I get the same thing. Am I missing something incredibly obvious, or is it a bug? It's not very reassuring to see that, even though everything seems to be working as it should.

Thanks in advance for any help.
By JK - 13 February 2022 3:49 PM

Can you post a screenshot showing the partitions contained in one of these full images that you have tested?
By HallsOak - 13 February 2022 4:09 PM

Hello, JK,

Yes, sure, here is my "test" image, the backups on my external drives contain the same partitions:

I have used the same definition files for a long time. Here is a screenshot of my local disk as if I were to "Image this disk" they do match:

Edit: I should probably add I'm on the latest version v8.0.6560

Edit #2: Sorry, not trying to nag people on this, but I've been thinking, I had previously contacted support because I was having a lot of issues with BSODs using viBoot/VirtualBox, and it was recommended to add some registry tweaks, which did help with the crashes, but could they also be causing this error? The registry settings were:

REG ADD HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MRCBT /v ExcludeVHD /t REG_DWORD /d 1
REG ADD HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MRCBT /v ExcludeUSB /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Is anyone able to confirm or deny this? That is the only noticeable thing I've changed. I'm not sure what the default values for those settings are, or should I be contacting support directly about this?

Many thanks.
By HallsOak - 25 February 2022 12:39 PM

Update: Macrium support have been great and managed to replicate this. A patch should be out soon.