Macrium Support Forum

Reset scheduled backup and manually run it

https://forum.macrium.com/Topic57902.aspx

By Looraz - 5 February 2022 10:17 AM

I realise that if I decide to postpone the scheduled backup for let's say 4 hours, and wish to manually enable the backup in the software itself 2 hours later, it is not possible.

The status will be 'Running' , Last Result = 'In Progress', but the backup actually hasn't been executed yet.

Trying to disable or cancel the running task doesn't work too.

I am on Windows 10, Macrium v7.3.
By capair45 - 5 February 2022 1:16 PM

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but go to the Scheduled Backups tab, right-click the desired backup schedule and you'll find a "Disable option".  Once you select that, the option will change to "Enable" so that some time later you can resume the schedule.

EDIT:  Even though the backup is disabled from running on a schedule, you can still run it manually from the "Definition Files" tab.
By Looraz - 5 February 2022 2:53 PM

capair45 - 5 February 2022 1:16 PM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but go to the Scheduled Backups tab, right-click the desired backup schedule and you'll find a "Disable option".  Once you select that, the option will change to "Enable" so that some time later you can resume the schedule.

EDIT:  Even though the backup is disabled from running on a schedule, you can still run it manually from the "Definition Files" tab.

I have tried to disable and then enabling via Scheduled Backup, but I am still unable to manually trigger the backup to run immediately.

I will try running it manually from 'definition files' tab next time, thanks Smile
By capair45 - 5 February 2022 2:56 PM

You're welcome!