Macrium Support Forum

Viboot and VMWare/VirtualBox

https://forum.macrium.com/Topic40973.aspx

By Danskeman - 24 October 2020 4:29 PM

For years, users have requested that the excellent Viboot also can handle VMWare/Virtualbox VMs.

It has sort of been promised as a potential future development but nothing ever happens.

I use HyperV mostly but it has some weaknesses that for use of VMware/VB i.e. you cannot get sound in Linux VMs so I am forced to use alternatives.

So are there any real plans to develop Viboot for other VM systems in the foreseeable near future?
By Nick - 26 October 2020 10:50 AM

Danskeman - 24 October 2020 4:29 PM
For years, users have requested that the excellent Viboot also can handle VMWare/Virtualbox VMs.

It has sort of been promised as a potential future development but nothing ever happens.

I use HyperV mostly but it has some weaknesses that for use of VMware/VB i.e. you cannot get sound in Linux VMs so I am forced to use alternatives.

So are there any real plans to develop Viboot for other VM systems in the foreseeable near future?

Thanks for posting. Development for VirtualBox support in viBoot has already been completed and will be released in a future update.
By Danskeman - 26 October 2020 2:59 PM

Nick - 26 October 2020 10:50 AM

Thanks for posting. Development for VirtualBox support in viBoot has already been completed and will be released in a future update.

Thanks.
By Danskeman - 18 December 2020 12:37 AM

Nick - 26 October 2020 10:50 AM

I understand a Beta version of Viboot 8 is now available. I would like to test it.  How can I become a beta tester?