Macrium Support Forum

Blue Screen Crashes After Installing 7.3

https://forum.macrium.com/Topic40470.aspx

By owensdj - 15 October 2020 12:22 AM

I installed the update to 7.3.5281 this morning.  Now every time I disconnect the external hard drive where my Macrium Reflect images are stored I get a APC_INDEX_MISMATCH crash.  This has never happened before, so I'm pretty sure this is related to the update.
By capair45 - 15 October 2020 12:36 AM

Have you tried uninstalling the CBT component?  Give it a try and see if that solves the issue.
By jphughan - 15 October 2020 1:03 AM

There’s already a thread about this. Uninstalling CBT fixes it, and Macrium already provided a test new version of CBT to someone who submitted a support ticket about this, and they said it resolved the issue. So I would expect another Reflect update to appear soon.
By dbminter - 15 October 2020 1:20 AM

Yes, just uninstall the CBT driver if installed, and restart the PC.  I had a similar issue with AEOMI Partition Assistant causing BSOD's attempting to hide/unhide partitions.  My guess is AEOMI safely "Ejects" partitions/drives before attempting to hide/unhide partitions, resulting is a similar BSOD but for a different stated reason.  After reading in that other thread, I tried uninstalling CBT and it worked, stopping my BSOD's.
By osaban - 16 October 2020 12:47 AM

owensdj - 15 October 2020 12:22 AM
I installed the update to 7.3.5281 this morning.  Now every time I disconnect the external hard drive where my Macrium Reflect images are stored I get a APC_INDEX_MISMATCH crash.  This has never happened before, so I'm pretty sure this is related to the update.

I had the same problem, but with version 7.3.5283 everything is fine now, thanks!
By dbminter - 16 October 2020 1:16 AM

I still had the same problem with 7.3.5283 and AEOMI Partition Assistant, but tech support sent me an updated CBT driver to try and it resolved the issues I was having.  It seems from another thread that 5283 CBT fixes the issue for some people but not for others.
By Keith Weisshar - 16 October 2020 11:51 AM

JamieW, Can you release an update to fix the BSOD when hiding or unhiding partitions?
By Keith Weisshar - 16 October 2020 9:57 PM

The MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS BSOD still occurs when creating and formatting new partitions on USB attached storage even in v7.3.5283 unless I uninstall CBT.
By dbminter - 16 October 2020 10:05 PM

I was getting that same error on my BSOD's attempting to hide/unhide partitions in AEOMI Partition Assistant.  So, hopefully, the latest CBT driver that will be incorporated into the next Reflect release will all you to create new partitions on USB HDD's as it fixed my problems, too.